Subject: [Leica] #395
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu Nov 17 15:50:36 2005

From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@bellsouth.net>

Subject: Re: [Leica] #395

> Graham,
> I've seen a lot of photos made with superwide lenses, but this is the best
> have seen.  To my eye, there is not a hint of distortion.  Is this
> attributable to the design of the lens, or is it a result of care by the
> photographer to see that the camera is perfectly level.  Beautiful image.
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Jim,

I think having plenty of space in front of me before any potentially
troublesome verticals are encountered was a huge help. Having good light and
colour didn't do the shot any harm either but the star is the 15mm
Voigtlander Heliar ASPH. It flies in the face of received wisdom by being
both a wonderful lens and relatively inexpensive ($345 from
<http://www.cameraquest.com> with finder). Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] #395)