Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Feb 20 13:18:49 2006

At 04:08 PM 2/20/2006, you wrote:
>I looked up the 4800 at B&H. I like the fact that it has a "tank" instead of
>a "cartridge". Does this mean you get a lot of prints inked for $39.95?
>
>Jeffery Smith

Yes, the tanks are huge compared to the tiny cartridges.  I've just
gotten the 4800 and don't know yet how it does with ink consumption,
but I used the even bigger 220 ml tanks on the 3000's.  They work
fine but you have to leave the ink door open so they stick
out.  Those last for about a year of heavy use.  But the 220 ml tanks
for the 4800 are over $100 each so it costs $1000+ to replace all of
them.  The printer companies still make most of their money selling
consumables!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com