Subject: [Leica] 50/2.8 Elmars...
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Fri Feb 24 20:30:36 2006

Well, anyone who knows me knows I can't let this question go by
without (once again) saying the new Elmar is an excellent lens in
every aspect. Fully usable at f2.8, as others have said.

As for the vintage Elmar 2.8, I had a mint version of one about 20
years ago, and was never really happy with its performance. Not
really soft, not really low contrast, just - well - uninteresting.

Best combination from my perspective is the new Elmar and previous
Summilux 50s. Elmar for apparent sharpness and compactness, the
Summilux for the best all-around lens. It has a look to its images
I've always liked.

Just realized I don't own a Summicron anymore. Hum.

Will von Dauster

Message from stevebeyer at mac.com (stevebeyer@mac.com) ([Leica] 50/2.8 Elmars...)