Subject: OT: Re: [Leica] Twin Towers
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Jun 22 18:56:25 2006

Walt Johnson wrote:

> I was amazed at how fast they both came down. Plane crash or no, there
> is something not quite kosher about the twin and simultaneous collapse.
>
> Walt

If you google, you will find a number of Web resources on how
odd it was that the towers came down so quickly. One report
was from some reputable group of physicists or something. In
any case, you'll find it very sober reading/take it with a grain
of salt/etc. etc.

Back to photography, I took the Staten Island Ferry to visit
an antique guitar shop (got to play Wes Montgomery's L5!)
about 3 weeks prior to 9/11.  Took several shots of the towers
with a little APS Canon Elph (I don't miss it).

Fast forward a few weeks. Back then, I owned a company
located on the 4th floor of a bldg kitty corner to the White
House. We could see the roof top guards, the lawn, Treasury
building, etc. from our lovely conference room windows every
day.

On 9/11 we noticed a few chefs with their white hats on and
presumably other staffers sprinting across the white house lawn
toward the fence exits, and we knew something was very wrong.

A few of us went downstairs. We noted that police (or secret
service or whatever - hard to tell in DC) were actually loudly
counseling people on the street to RUN! as fast as they could
away from the White House, and that's when we knew to panic.
Went right back upstairs and sent everyone home.

Maybe I should dig up those old negs of NYC someday.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Twin Towers)