Subject: [Leica] Wing window, now mileage
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Sep 25 10:45:50 2006

Bill - You're right about the wing window.

I drove a 1965 122S, too,  though mine was a sedan.  Loved  it
despite that floor-mounted stick, but it wasn't half as much fun as
the 900.  :-)

I suspect my 900 ended up in the junk yard.  Rust is a real enemy in
the Boston area and mine was finally so far gone that my dealer began
talking in terms of restoration rather than repair.  That's when I
knew it was time to let it go.

Can't drive the new Saabs.  The inside space has shrunk so much
there's no room for my long legs (I'm 6'5" tall).  Ditto for Volvos,
BTW.

Modern cars seem to be converging on a common bland design.  Not much
of interest in any of them for me but generally more reliable, safer,
and quieter than the cars we remember so fondly.  Boring, too, and
hard to love.

Dick