Subject: [Leica] LHSA incompetence
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed Nov 22 15:29:13 2006

I just rejoined LHSA for 2007, after a hiatus of a year or so.  My guess is
that the M8 will help to reinvigorate interest in Leica, just as it's helped
increase interest in the LUG.

However, the issues that Brian presented are vitally important to LHSA.
Today, no organization that hopes to survive can afford a website with
anything less than complete functionality.

For example, several years ago I'd heard the same complaints about the
Antique Automobile Club of America.  The average age was up there with
Methuselah's, the club magazine was a bore, the website was designed via
some kit in a box, etc.

In the past few years almost everything's changed: the club magazine now
rivals that of many commercial antique car publications (the septuagenarian
grip-n-grin shots have been replaced with colorful articles about cars and
restorations), the website is fantastic (members can register their cars for
any AACA event on-line), and the club is actively encouraging younger
enthusiasts to participate.

Registration for the AACA events used to be a real chore; now it's a
pleasure.  I hope LHSA takes a similar approach.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA

Who's giving thanks for the fact that he doesn't have to drive six hours
tonight for a meal of dried turkey with his in-laws!