Subject: [Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 08:39:16 2006

Vick,

I own the Nikon D200.  I was going to buy the 5D Canonj, butg the price was
much higher, als I like the user controls and menu on the Nikons better,
more like what I am used to on a film Nikon or my R8 Leica.  The down side
is can't use my R glass on it.  Otherwise I like the D200, but not AF, as it
never wants to focus where I want it to when focussing on birds in trees.
The D80 is very close to the D200 in features, and has I beleive the same
sensor, and is probalby a good alternative to the D200.

The DMR is a good choice, if expensive.  You do not need the R9, as it works
with the R8 also and you can get R8's at some pretty good prices right now.
Unfortunately you end up with a big camera, just like the Canon 1D/1Ds
bodies.  This would be my choice as I have a R8 and I have seen used/demo
DMR's for around $4500 still high, but doable.

Canon has the market sewn up for DSLRs and probably has the best sensors,
but I'm not a big Canon person, so I have not gone that direction.  They
just seem too much like computer boxes to me and not very much like a real
camera.  Just my opinion.

Gene

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?)