Subject: [Leica] image making with calligraphy
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Jan 3 10:11:21 2007

As a fellow calligrapher/photographer I'm very interested in the work
you're doing with this combination. I've dabbled in similar efforts.
I believe that these two are an improvement over those where the
calligraphy was not integrated with the images. I also have the
feeling that if the calligraphy were tweaked in terms of size and
placement (for my taste moved a bit further into the frame) they
would come together a bit better. The tradition that you're
referencing with this work finds a level of compositional perfection
which often staggers one's perception. And to imagine that the
masters accomplished this with inked brush in hand, unable to move
things about to get it right - well - you know.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] image making with calligraphy)