Subject: [Leica] Photographic bags- new size regulations?
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Thu Feb 1 09:15:55 2007

At 01/02/2007, you wrote:
>The new size regulations for cabin baggage limit the size to "56cm x
>45cm x 25cm (22in x 17.7in x 9.8in approx), including wheels,
>handles and side pockets".
>Anyone know of a good camera/equipment bag that fits the requirements?
>Cheers
>Douglas

Hi Douglas!

I use the Lowepro Pro-Mag AW2.  Just 14" (T), x 12" (W) x 9.5" (D),
it's smaller than the new cabin baggage limits.  It's small enough,
in fact, to fit under the seat of a 737 and still have space for my feet!

It carries:

1 x R8+DMR w/90 Summicron (mounted)
1 x Charger for DMR
1 x 50 Summicron-R
1 x 21/4 SA
1 x 80~200/f4 Vario Elmarit
1 x 2X converter
1 x 400/f6.8 Telyt (in two pieces)
1 x Shoulder stock & grip for Telyt (in 3 pieces)
2 x ImageBanks w/chargers
half dozen filters, several SD cards, wired release etc.

Lots of space for airline tix, etc.

And all fairly easy to get at.  Mind you, when full, the bag weighs
22lb, so smaller airlines will gripe about the weight, if the weigh
it (and many do!).  But, it fits!

My experience has been that the larger the bag, the more likely small
airlines are to weigh your bag.  When others are getting a lot of
hassle, I simply pop mine in the air (and down again, before they see
my strain) and they often just look at it and say "that's OK"!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

---

David Young,