Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 34, Issue 231: ASPH vs Aspherical
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Mar 11 10:45:25 2007

Aha, at the time I read that Leica had gone from ground to hot
pressing (in a Leica leaflet) the 90mm asph did not yet exist.
Anyway, as you say, it is the cost which differs. This was the point
I was trying to make - asph lenses are not necessarily dearer than
spherical when the aspheres are pressed rather than ground and the
aspherical surface simplifies the rest of the optics.
Frank