Subject: [Leica] Was CV lens rec. now CV lens flare
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Fri Mar 30 04:50:12 2007

Although I've owned three CV lenses, the only one I've  used extensively
enough to form an opinion about is the Ultron 28/1.9. It has been my main
lens since the end of last August.
  While I've been satisfied with the build quality, resolution, and
contrast, it does have have an unpleasant tendency to flare.
  This one and the four following were shot with it:

  http://tinyurl.com/ytynmo

  In the one of the sign hangers, the shoes of the the guy on the right had
to be burned in quite a bit because of flare, in spite of the fact the the
sun is on the left.

  Right now I'm saving to replace it the new Elmarit 28 asph., and would
like to know how users feel about that lens. Is anyone shooting film with
it, or are they all being mounted on M8's?

Replies: Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Was CV lens rec. now CV lens flare)