Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy visits Sydney with black and white
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Aug 9 16:38:32 2007

Three alternate versions after the originals in the gallery
Two outside shots, the light is bright and contrasty and one low light
interior (1/15 1.4 400ISO)
http://tinyurl.com/27w5wo
http://tinyurl.com/ypnsaf
http://tinyurl.com/29vrfz
These are just simple global minus 1 stop. Please tell me if you think that
I am on the right track. I might need to reduce the
contrast from my curve as well, but how do the exposure levels look?

Cheers
Hoppy

Luis said,
Fine pictures Hoppy, the only comment would be that at least on my monitor
some ones seems to me to hard in contrast, and IMHO, this
is by - either - over exposure or over development. Knowing that you are an
experienced photographer without exposure problems,
maybe the reason will be the developing. I've appreciated principally this
aspect on the outside pictures, the indoors pictures or
the ones with a less contrasted light, are excellent, as your portrait or
"Busker in the mall", or your friendly se?orita..., or the
tea conversation - I see these ones as perfect exposed or developed -.

Salud!
Luis