Subject: [Leica] New member - iso film take-up spool
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Aug 11 11:22:58 2007

Will,

Welcome aboard!  I can't help with the take-up spool, but can offer my own
experience with a similar meter.  I started with a Leica IIIa in 1952, and
bought the Leica meter that mounted in the cold shoe on the top of the
camera, and could be fitted with a separate sensor for low light conditions.
The meter worked great for a number of years, but finally lost its
sensitivity, as selenium meters are likely to do.  I finally discarded it
because I could find no one who rebuilt them, and the expense would probably
be excessive for anyone except a well-heeled collector.

I have read that there are now shops that will rebuild selenium meters, but
don't have a link at hand.  You might try an on-line search, but a small
modern meter might be a better investment.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA