Subject: [Leica] Pan F - Pyro First shot
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 25 11:10:05 2007

> Unlike Ilford FP4, Pan F is not a good film for PMK Pyro in that it
> seems to  be totally resistant to staining (and the stain seems to be
> what gives the Pyro shots their richness. Gordon Hutchings book lists
> some of the good and not so good films for PMK Pyro. I have pretty
> much settled on using only Ilford FP4 and Foma Creative 200 as they
> both work very well with pyro.

The thin films have traditionally been said to not be ideal for Pyro.
Agfapan 25 which I have a bunch of right here.
You are told to look upon them with de stain. Which is not very good.
Pan F
And Panatomic X, my signature file. Then.

But you can use the Pyro- Metol-Kodalk' available from Photographer's
Formulary.
Which when I get into Pyro which I plan to will be the formula I use as I
vastly prefer the slower films.
And this formula is supposed to Rock ... an all accounts.

Tab grain films Delta 100 and Fuji Across 100 which come to think of it is
my slow film of choice.
I hope they still make it now or when I get around to trying to get more of
the stuff.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com