Subject: [Leica] New Website
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu Nov 15 17:17:33 2007

Tina,

Very nice site, to say the least.  Here are a few comments (from a viewer -
I know nothing about making websites, except for mine which was done in
Front Page):

1. It loads instantly here (cable).

2. I don't know which of the navigation tools you will have in the final
version.  When I select "play", I can advance from frame to frame with the
arrow.  In "pause", it is a slideshow (with very short intervals).  I'm
guessing you don't intend to have options such as fade, delay and such on
the final.

3. On a 21" monitor, everything fits and the large size seems most appealing
(likely to inspire a purchase).  When I move the site over to the 15"
monitor (more like a laptop) used for PS palettes, only "small" works and
then not all the page is shown below the image (though the important part,
"buy this photo", is visible at the top.  I have no idea how one compensates
for different monitor sizes automatically.

4. I may be wrong about the image size.  One of my favorite photographers is
David Kennedy (www.davidmichaelkennedy.com), and his are about 400 pixels,
enough to show the image but (I would imagine) too small to be used if
stolen.  I have seen many of his prints (20x24" palladium) and would that I
could afford them, but you are into M8 range here.

5. You can't really buy 4x6" prints for $2.31, can you?  I started to order
some just to see what would happen.

6. Will the actual prints be your inkjet prints?

Just some thoughts.  Best of luck with your wonderful images.

Ken