Subject: [Leica] Lightroom / CS2 - Black and white differences
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Nov 25 15:36:31 2007

Hello all,
I noticed something strange when I export images with Lightroom
corrections to CS2, convert them to BW (without converting to grayscale
- i.e I leave them in RGB mode) and save for later processing.
They look ok when I open them later in CS2, but when I open them in
Lightroom they have a purplish colour cast - anyone else noticed
anything similar?
Everything is ok if I change the mode to grayscale in CS2 and then view
them in Lightroom.
Am I up against a fundamental colour handling difference between LR and CS?
Look forward to hearing an ideas or fixes (apart from reminding me to
set grayscale every time - which prevents me doing any toning presets
(sepia etc.) in LR at a later date.
TIA
Douglas

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Lightroom / CS2 - Black and white differences)