Subject: [Leica] Noctilux DOF Film vs M8
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Apr 20 08:44:11 2008

Tina,

I wouldn't recommend it even though I aligned my first M8 this way.
You are adjusting the rangefinder infinity setting. And while it will
make all your lenses more usable as far as back focus, it will mess
up the longer lenses at infinity. The adjustment made my 90mm APO
Summicron and 135mm APO Telyt un-useable. My Noctilux and all 50mm
lenses and wider were perfect though.

Now that I have my 2nd M8, I'm leaving the rangefinder alone and
getting my two problem lenses fixed.

Just a warning to be careful.

Len