Subject: [Leica] More Experimentation
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Aug 1 10:44:24 2008

In past years, I have used a Takumar with a 2x extender to obtain occasional
closeups with a film SLR.  I wanted to find out what this combination would
do on the E-510.

The linked shot was made with a Takumar 55/1.8 lens and 2x extender mounted
on a chipped adapter on the E-510.  Focusing was done wide open, then the
lens was stopped down to either 4 or 5.6 for the shot.

I tried this technique with faster moving subjects and had no luck at all.
This little fellow sat still long enough for me to get the job done.  The
lens combination appears to have possibilities if I can just pick the right
subjects.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Another+Small+One.tif.html

Critiques and comments welcomed.

Jim Nichols