Subject: [Leica] OT-DigiCamera wish list
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Oct 16 09:15:10 2008

Have to agree.
Camera in pocket
means missed photograph

for me
the M (whether 3, 4, 6, 7, or 8)
always ended up
the smallest kit that delivers
what I look for ergonomics and image quality
Yes. I know I'd fall in love with a IIIf or g.
; ~ )

had and appreciated
Contax T
Olympus XA
both wonderful little pocket cameras
but ultimately too fragile for my taste

M8 on the shoulder = smallest, finest, most useful digital
photographic tool
currently available (for my way of daily working).

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog
http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist

On Oct 16, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> The Leica M8 fits except for usable 1600, ISO on the Menu and
> pocketability.
>
> Pocketability is over-rated, IMO.  I seem to get by nicely with the
> M8 in
> most circumstances.   The fast lenses make up for the pretty much real
> limits of 640 ISO.  The higher two ISO's can be used, but you need
> a good
> bit of light or they'll go noisy.
>

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:23 AM, FRANK DERNIE
> <frank.dernie@btinternet.com>wrote:
>
>> I would buy one like that too. I have kept out an eye over the
>> years, there
>> is nothing any where near like this yet, sadly.
>> If you think about it the only expensive bit on the Contax T is
>> the lens,
>> on suchb a camera the electronics and large sensor add to the
>> production
>> cost. Maybe no manufacturer will believe they could ever sell such
>> a camera
>> at a profit.
>> Frank

>>> 4/3