Subject: [Leica] image poem
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Thu Oct 16 19:51:28 2008

C. P. Cavafy! Don't hear often of him. Called "The poet of the city",
referring to Alexandria (Egypt) and regarded as the foremost
(and least published?) modern Mediterranean poet. I first came
across him when I read Lawrence Durrell's "n-dimensional novel"
The Alexandria Quartet in college 40 years ago.

Thanks for the reminder, and a nice find. How'd you come
across the poem?

--howard