Subject: [Leica] FS 35mm Summicron
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sun Jan 18 12:42:38 2009

> On Jan 18, 2009, at 6:36 AM, Seth Rosner wrote:>>> All different optical
> designs. All are Gauss derivatives. #1 is an 8->> element, #2 and 3 are
> 6-element with slight differences (in #2 the>> second and third elements
> are cemented together whereas in #3 they>> are separated by air, sometimes
> called an "air lens" for the>> different refracting effect of air
> vis-a-vis glass,  and #4,>> frequently referred to as the "pre-aspheric",
> is 7-element with>> elements 2 & 3 and elements 6 & 7 cemented together.>>
> some love especially  #4, calling it the bokeh king.

I have the fourth design Summacron in 35mm. It is very compact, sharp and
well built. Three good reasons to buy one if you can find it.

Mine was made in Canda.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada
Windows Live? Hotmail?: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009