Subject: [Leica] Seen this?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed Jan 28 02:22:14 2009

The economy is retracting at a far quicker rate than other countries right
now. The main reason is that the strong yen has caused exports to decrease
at an alarming rate - even Toyota and Honda are doing dismally, and the less
said about the likes of Sony the better. With demand constriction in their
major markets, i.e., USA and Europe, things dont look too good for export
led economies - China, Japan, South East Asia, etc. India is slightly better
placed on this score as only 15% of our GDP comes from exports - but we have
huge current account deficits which means you can do far less to prime the
economy. The jury is out on who fares better.
Cheers
Jayanand

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Frank Dernie
<Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>wrote:

> Hi Jayanand,
> is Japan crashing more???
> I thought their only problems were due to their strengths, less borrowing
> etc. leads to their currency not devaluing as much as others, such as the
> US
> and UK which have both been living way beyond their earnings for years.
> Surely their problem is that their profligate customers have stopped
> spending other peoples money.
> Frank
>
> On 28 Jan, 2009, at 02:48, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>
>  Usual marketing nonsense. I am not sure how many takers there would be in
>> current economic conditions, particularly as Japan is crashing a bit more
>> than the rest of the world. I assume that this is squarely aimed at the
>> Japanese.
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Bill Clough <bill_clough@yahoo.com>