Subject: [Leica] Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-Powered External Drives
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Feb 2 12:49:51 2009

>Are any of you using Western Digital My Passport Essential USB
>2.0-powered external hard drives?  If so, what are your comments on
>these as to suitability for backup use, and reliability?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA

I use a number of them. I have a couple that I use with my laptop
when away from home to store and duplicate my shots, one for my Mac
laptop 'Time Machine' backup and one for miscellaneous files that I
often take from computer to computer.

All have worked very well. I got mine at Costco.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-PoweredExternal Drives)