Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:35:04 -0800

At 9:57 AM -0500 3/18/09, George Lottermoser wrote:
>My only experience with these is the 15mm.
>I've had the lens for a little over 2 years - so far so good.
>While these reports give one pause;
>The prices and optics are so good
>that we'd have to assume
>that they're cutting costs somewhere
>(mechanical design or manufacture).
>
>Regards,
>George Lottermoser

I got all my lenses right after they came out, so the 12 and
especially the 15 are getting on a bit. On the other hand, I've only
had one Leitz/Leica lens with a screw/coming apart problem, and that
was the pre-asph 35/1.4 which was rather notorious for that.
Certainly nothing from the last 30 years.

The 12 will go back to Cosina, and will probably come back fixed at
no cost from past experience. Only the nuisance of sending it. The 15
will get fixed locally, as it doesn't involve the lens cell.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com