Subject: [Leica] Camera Show
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 16:44:04 -0400

If those were current 50/1.4, 21/2.8 and 90/2 lenes then he is trading a
huge amount of picture taking power to get  a 50mm f1 which will get him
what? He'll be out standing in the field alone with no normal sized 50 and
no super wide and no killer tele.
But in the event of a sudden solar eclipse in great shape.
If those were older versions of glass he already had that almost makes some
sense to me.
-  what I think I'm looking at is an awful lot of buying and selling and I'm
betting with no  galley on line or stack of prints to show for it.

People need to be encouraged that a pursuit of photography is not a pursuit
of ego inflating gear. But a pursuit of results.

Mark William Rabiner