Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2009 #30
From: foto at marcdufour.net (foto at marcdufour.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:55:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Dave,

I was refering to the intensity of grey scale of the ground, around and
behind the legs (both, the man and the dog ones), increasing the contrast
and dramatic effect.
On the left side of the trousers, the ground is darker (against the
enlighted leg). On the right side, it's lighter (against the shady right
leg).
Around the dark legs and body of the dog, the medium tones of the
crosswalk are enlighted.
I send you (off-list) the picture with the comparison with what I think it
could be, before retouching.
In any case, I repeat I like this photograph as it is.
Cheers,
Marc