Subject: [Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:08:25 -0400

> Well yes, but when did Leica start to build viewfinders into  their
> cameras--75 years ago or so? So why did they stop now? With the D-
> Luxes the excuse was that it was hard to do a good viewfinder for a
> zoom lens. OK. But this one has a fixed 35mm equivalent, so what's the
> excuse now? And the second downer for me is the f2.8 aperture. Even
> the Konica Hexar in the old days had a fixed f2 35mm (and it was
> pretty good, I had one for several years).
>
> In a compact camera costing $500 one reasonably must accept this kind
> of compromises. In one costing $2000 one should not have to. Of course
> you can put an external finder in the hot shoe, but then the x1 is
> certainly no longer pocketable, as extolled by Mark.
>
> Nathan

Slower the better for me for the most part.
A more compact flair free unobtrusive cheap with no compromise optic.
I get great low light results with my 1.5 crop cameras. I can shoot a dark
alley at midnight with a slow zoom. The only reason why I use my 1.4s is for
isolation of depth of field.
My first camrea was a  Voigtl?nder Vito BL  with a built in 50mm Color
Scopar 2.8 lens. To me that was fast. To me that was normal.

http://k43.pbase.com/o6/67/481567/1/87098035.ebvhmdgq.E17042270208.jpg

Mark William Rabiner