Subject: [Leica] M9 production
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:23:33 +1000

Dante, Stefan Daniel said recently that M camera body sales have been
consistent at 10,000 to 12,000 M bodies sold a year since the M6 came
along. You can understand that they won't give away the M8 exact numbers
except to say that they achieved their goals with the M8/M8.2.
On the M9 initial market reaction it seems that they will be doing rather
better than that now. The Aussie distributor product manager told me that
the initial production order has now been increased to 8,000 units. They
expect it to take months to catch up.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M9 production)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M9 production)