Subject: [Leica] Need help with my Smugmug page
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:35:22 +0100

Dear all,

Some of you have had problems accessing my galleries hosted on Smugmug
(accessed via my greatpix.eu domain). Philippe in France cannot access it at
all, while others (Chuck, Jim and others) have noted that the page is very
slow.

I have been investigating today, and concluded (with Smugmug's help) that
the problem lies in the way my own domain is redirected to Smugmug. For
those of you who are geeky and curious, the way to do it is to set up a
CNAME record in your domain and give it the value of domains.smugmug.com. I
had the further complication that the registrar of my greatpix.eu domain did
not provide the tools to do that. So I have just moved that domain to
another registrar and set up the required CNAME record there. It will take
1-2 days until it is operational. In the meantime, my Smugmug pages can be
accessed using the standard Smugmug URL:

http://wajsman.smugmug.com/

I would really appreciate it if those of you who had problems before would
try again using this URL, and once in, click on the PAD gallery. And please
report back to me if it made any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain