Subject: [Leica] Plenoptic lens work, Photoshop and the future of focus
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:55:28 -0500

Group:

Read an article in a recent Businessweek about the work a guy at
Adobe, Todor Georgiev, is doing with plenoptic lenses. Interesting
stuff with the potential to change selective focus, depth of field
and, in our world, bokeh. Actually seems as if it might make focus of
any sort obsolete; a tough concept to wrap one's mind around.

http://tinyurl.com/2g92ubj

Also made me think of a movie, "No Way Out" (with Kevin Costner and
others), in which a computer seems to run endlessly in attempt to
sharpen an out-of-focus photo to the point where a murderer can be
identified. Seemed quite outre at the time.

Greg Rubenstein

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Plenoptic lens work, Photoshop and the future of focus)