Subject: [Leica] 21 mm lens for M9
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:09:32 -0800

Harrison McClary asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm lens for M9

> Is this the 2.8 Chris?  I just read Erwin Puts review and he really likes
> the ZM 21/2.8.
> Wonder how well it works on the M9?
>
> I really am not interested in another slow lens.  Never have liked them
> much.  I often need faster apertures than f4 or 5.6.  I saw a 21/1.4 for
> 5800...tempting but a lot more than I want to spend.

Hi Harrison,
I have the 21mm Cosina Voightlander f 4.0 and I found it to be a killer lens
for quality!

Yeah I've had a few spots where 2.8 would've been helpful, but I just bumped
the ASA up one and made up for the loss of the 2.8. Quality of reproduction
didn't seem to make any difference, stayed just fine thank you very much.
:-)

Now that's on an M7. And the M8 has given me very good results.

But then I know the M8 sensor is smaller, I think that's what is? Than the
FF of the M9. And I know there is some slight cropping on the M8. But then I
don't use a 21 external viewfinder any longer on the M8. I just look through
the M8 viewfinder fill the frame and "CLICK!"

Besides if I need a bit more in width I take one step back and click again!
;-) It's so easy when you put some of the techie stuff aside and shoot. :-)
I forget what I paid for it. However let's say it was quite affordable! :-)
And cuts nice and sharp. :-)

cheers,
ted

Message from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] 21 mm lens for M9)