Subject: [Leica] New post, more portraits
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:39:18 +1000

Hi Michiel. Ymke and Anne Jitski would look beautiful if you used a
Coke bottle for a lens!

>From this set the last two (of the guys!) actually work a little
better for my personal taste. They seem to have slightly more DoF?
Maybe a stop? Or it could be the sharpest plane is a little more
forward or the faces more straight on?
The DoF as used is a little TOO shallow for the beautiful young
Fokkema women. Sort of Nocti like so maybe that just shows a prejudice
or preference by me. It tends to loook slightly unatural to my APO
Summicron trained eyes.

Cheers
Geoff

Life's not black and white, except at both ends
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman