Subject: [Leica] aftermarket M batteries
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 13:46:11 -0800

Yes, I caught that as well.. My first aftermarket batteries started to show
signs of failure, so I just bought 3 new ones from HK.  I bought the ones
for the M8 ( because the -others seemed to almost non-existant).....  They
all work as well as any other battery I have used.

I also have some batteries from B+H or Adorama ( I forget which) and they
seem the same as well... although they are not as old nor as used.

I have the original M8 charger, the M8.2 ( Compact) charger, and the Delkin
charger.....  To this point, they all seem to work the same.

Not so sure about the M9 charger.. Does it have a special P/N?

For reference, my newest ones are from DSTE.  My old ( and now failing)
batteries have no brand, and are 2 years old.

For those that "track" or are just plain curious, my authentic Leica battery
still works fine.

It has been my theory that the HK batteries are "rejects" from the normal
Leica production.  But at 1/12 the cost each, I feel they are a good
bargain.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I've complained before about the aftermarket batteries not holding a charge,
and  now I find a new issue.

Two of the ones I bought will not charge on the new M9 charger.  Another
charges just fine, but does not last very well.

I was looking  the Ebay ads, and noticed this in one of the Hong Kong
offerings:
 for more information

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] aftermarket M batteries)