Subject: [Leica] IMG: Predator/prey, re-processed
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:39:35 +1000

Same observed here and the contrast/brightness increase is particularly
effective. Your exposure is masterful to retain the subtle fine detail in
the white plumage (as with your delightful earlier Great Egret shot from
the end of 2007).  I would add that it's then really down to your vision.
Original may actually be more 'accurate' or corrected??? but rework may be
more what you saw, Doug? Was this early morning/sunset light or that is
what you were going for?
I guess maybe the priority is how sensitive we are to how 'white' the Egret
should be?
All of that might segue into some local adjustment PP discussion;-) but I
don't thik that's what you asking!.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman