Subject: [Leica] S2 vs 645D (now big v small cars)
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:17:04 -0800

Feeling safe is hardly equal to being safe.

The most important safety feature of a moving car is the driver itself, and
his/her ability to avoid an accident. The second most important safety
feature of a moving car is the ability to maneuver around potential
accidents: the handling and braking performance primarily. The distant
third is all the passive-safety features like crumple zone, air bags, seat
belts, etc when a collision becomes inevitable.

Many trucks are particularly poor in the second most important safety
feature. The false sense of security impacts quality of the most important
feature above.

Many trucks are also poor in the last category, since they are not required
to meet the same level of safety standards as passenger cars.

The most important thing is to avoid accidents altogether.