Subject: [Leica] Lluis and Beyond
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:38:03 -0400

Hi Geoff:

I read your very thoughtful and informative comments (below) more than once.
Thanks! I also admire the passion Nathan of Alicante has for photography.
Given Lluis of Barcelona plus Nathan of Alicante, what is it about  Spain?
P.S. When my wife retires this June, making us two retired Federal doctors
(D.O.J., D.C., ; V.A. Medical Center, NYC), undergoing the culture shock of
retirements, I think we'll begin to contemplate visiting Spain for healing.
! Doubt I'll travel with my 50 mm f1.2 Noctilux. given that it has become an
expensive collector's dream? Thanks for sharing! Leon Pomeroy of Northern
Virginia, USA (Photographer Credentials: a graduate of over 30 years of
attending Cape Cod Leica Seminars given by the amazing Dr. Ted and, before
him, "Sir" Walter Heun..at a time when I lived and practiced in the "nearby"
Yorkville Section of Manhattan.Ah,  Cape Cod Memories.not unlike going to
the Maxims of 1890s Paris (Just saw the movie, Woody Allen's "Midnight in
Paris.") to find oneself in dreams or losing oneself in dreams.

Hi Leon. Lluis is a fixture on the LUG and a long term very frequent

contributor of photos of course. He's also on the travel list of any of us

fortunate to get to Barcelona at some stage and there is a tradition of LUG

reports of get-togethers in that very photogenic and inspiring city.

I was lucky to meet him there in 2007 and we've shared a friendship ever

since.

I'll be back  there in early July in fact. Nathan from Alicante is likely

to be around for the same get together too and possibly Philippe from the

north of France. Meeting like minded LUG photographers and sharing a

coffee, meal or beer like that is one of the great positives from being a

LUG member.

You could never meet a nicer person (there are many in this group of

course). He is a real gentleman too as well as dedicated and enthusiastic

photographer. Walking with Lluis on the street or sitting at a cafe you see

that he is insightful, quick and unobtrusive with his camera and should the

subject notice him he invariably has a friendly smile and keeps going. In

short a talented and successful street photographer that shoots a LOT and

has practised his craft for a long time.  It doesn't hurt that he lives in

a splendid city that cannot fail to inspire and motivate!

Cheers,

Geoff

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lluis and Beyond)