Subject: [Leica] Olympic photo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:15:05 -0400

An image which makes you gasp when you see it certainly is hard to beat!

An image is being created here both in the minds eye of the athlete
performer herself  having worked 10 hours a day seven days a week for years
in its creation as well as the photographer who is witnessing it and making
the interesting choice of including more of the environment into shot that
you'd traditionally expect for maximum impact. The result is the capturing
of an moment as it existed in the event; in the total space. And though
she's small in the total image the impact is made more not less. A thing
which almost never happens in photography.
 A one in a million shot!

Mark William Rabiner