Subject: [Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:23:12 -0800

I bought my M8 new.  It went back twice for focus adjustment... absolutely
nothing was sharply in focus.  Never mind that the thing dripped oil on my
sensor and ruined a lot of images from the trip I bought it for.  At the
end, it was a good camera.

My M9 was bought used, and it needed a vertical RF adjustment.

Back to Doug's request to make em better.....  At $7K, they at least ought
to make them useable to spec out of the box.  Bad QC, bad QA.

As for lenses, and focus calibration ( collimation), if we had the ability
to adjust focus ourselves, as N and C do with AF, lens issues would go away
as well....

I am still in favor of an R10, with AF.  Or a M11 with EVF built in, not
added on.  With the ability to tweak the focus by the user.

I would never have gone away from SLR's and towards RF cameras... if it were
not for the weight and size issue.  M's are just smaller and maybe lighter.

SLRs are just a better viewing experience.  And if you add in the EVF, the
low light focusing ability advantages of a RF camera just go away.

Put me first on the list for an EVF built in M.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use)
Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use)