Subject: [Leica] printer question
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 07:52:50 -0800

Hi Aram,
I only know about the 3880. It came, per the manual, with a "temporary"
supply of ink, so I bought a set to have on hand. So far, a hundred or so
prints and 9 months later, I haven't had to change any. I do leave it off
for long periods of time. When I start up to print, I do a nozzle check
and, though it may take a couple checks (not cleanings) it works flawlessly.
I also have a 9880. The reason I bought it over the 9800 was that it had
"teflon" coated nozzles to reduce clogging. So far it has worked very well
on both printers. I believe there is a rebate on the 3880 now also. As for
it being a large printer, I find it very compact relative to my 1200 I
originally owned (and of course to the 9880!)
Good luck and happy holidays,
Bob