Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:59:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi Daniel,

Finally the thread veers towards the combination of cycling and photo :-)

Here are my two cents (Euro, so about 2.7 US cents): I would not take a
Leica on a bike trip unless you have a way to carry it so that it really
shielded from the vibrations of the road, bumps etc. I think the RF
alignment would get knocked off quickly otherwise.

I use a Panasonic GF2 for my cycling, either with the 1.7/20mm or the
14-42 zoom. Since I usually only cycle during the day, there is enough
light to basically be at ISO 100 most of the time, so image quality is
quite good. The camera is small and light, and it is protected from the
elements by being in my Ortlieb handlebar bag which is very waterproof,
based on rainy weather tests conducted in both Spain and Denmark :-) In
addition to the camera, my wallet, cellphone, keys, spare inner tube and
some other small odds and ends also live in that handlebar bag.

Cheers,
Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman