Subject: [Leica] IMG: Climbing the bell tower
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 01:56:02 -0700

Like many cathedrals in Spain, the Seville cathedral started out as a
mosque.  What is now the bell tower used to be the minaret from which
the muezzin called the faithful to prayer. Rather than using stairs, one
climbs the tower via 39 ramps. This allowed the muezzin to ride a donkey
up and down the required five times per day. Donkeys were not available
to us tourists.  It's quite a slog up, but worth it.  Come with me and
see the view.

First, a prelude.  This little girl wanted to get a very close look at
the cathedral treasures.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/22467724651/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

The next six pictures show the views we saw as we ascended the tower.
Click the dark area to the right of each picture to advance to the next
one.  The arrowhead works, too.

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7.  Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] IMG: Climbing the bell tower)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography) ([Leica] IMG: Climbing the bell tower)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [OM] IMG: Climbing the bell tower)