Subject: [Leica] M 246 or M Monochrom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 20:40:08 -0500

Its just referring to them by their code numbers only does not work.
You have to say something  descriptive like "the new Leica monochrome" or
"the CMOS Monochrom". Otherwise people just skim it and move on.

On 1/17/16 6:50 PM, "Richard Man" <richard at richardmanphoto.com> wrote:

> The new Leica naming scheme is just nuts. So there is still only one
version M
> Monochrom, based on the CCD sensor right? Or is there a new one
based on
> CMOS?

Do we have:
M9 based on CCD, and derivatives (M-P, M-A, etc.)
M Type
> "who the fcsk knows" based on CMOS, that's the M240, isn't it?
M Type CMOS but
> with higher resolution?!! Is that the Type 246?

Or do I get it all wrong?

On

--
//