Subject: [Leica] The "problem" with the M9
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 19:06:13 -0800

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! A NEAR BATTLE STORM DUE TO NEW TECHNOLOGY! :-(
Forget all this babblefesting colour/B&W/ converting M9 and all the other
techie stuff! Is the M9 the only camera creating all these perceived
problems/situations?
Back yourselves up to, lets say? Tri-X or Plus-X?1950
Would you all be beating on each other and or camera in referring to the
same techie jibberish?? I bet not!
Imagine you're working for a wire service or newspaper and all you shoot is
B&W film? Now you're out on an assignment and you can only shoot B&W?
However, it's a big fire with lots of wild colours flashing about! COLOUR!
COLOUR!
Do you know what you'd be doing?
Screw the colour and be shooting your brains out with the film the newspaper
supplies you with to cover your assignments! AND CAPTURE MAGICAL PHOTOS!
TODAY?  Me? Digital? Without a so called technical thought I'm shooting
colour. Hell I don't even know if you can set an M8, let alone an M9? To
shoot in  B&W only?
Oh yeah, I didn't read the manual in depth, as at the time "I GOT THE
CAMERA!" I had a two day assignment to shoot and had to get my ass out the
door! So I shot everything in "REAL COOL COLOUR!" DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL!"

Me? AWESOME COOL! No more two films! Then when I learned how to print B&W
from colour???? GREAT!
Clients loved seeing colour & BW conversions as beautiful as they were. Then
I learned a little of the "auto TWEAKING BUTTONS?" Very cool!
And I basically laughed all the way to the bank!:-)
Then along come you guys and all this super techie stuff creating a
confusion that WOULD MAKE A BLIND MAN? blinder!
Me? I just go out without a thought. But my "OBSERVATION EYE" turned on!
Remember I only have one good eye. I just get lucky in my "OBSERVATION
MODE!"  :-)
ok THERE I'VE PROBABLY STIRRED IT ALL UP A BIT?  :-) Don't I just bug you at
times???  :-)
CHEERS crew!
Dr. ted Grant  C.M. O.C.

---