Subject: [Leica] SARAH CALDWELL
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 20:55:01 -0500

Hi there ?

While it was the policy of the Houston Grand Opera not to conduct photo
calls ? the photographer was expected to shoot during dress rehearsals ? no
one told conductor Sarah Caldwell ? once described  by The New Yorker as
being a "conducting steam engine.".  I was shooting from the front row. She
looked up, stopped her conducting, turned to me and commanded "You sir ?
get out of here." I informed the director of the opera that I was under
contract, that I would charge the opera my full price even though I would
not be producing any photographs and demanded an apology from Caldwell. To
my surprise, she did:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/GRAND+OLD+DAYS+AT+THE+OPERA/SARAH+CALDWELL+-+01433.jpg.html

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/