To: att!gte.com!kbb0 (Kevin Burke), leica-users, lytle@noao.edu, reid
From: ktw@hlwpk.att.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 92 16:16 EDT

>If anyone could please suggest a very good place to have screw mount
>Leica camera bodies repaired (new beamsplitter, new curtains, etc.)
>I would appreciate it.

Extraordinary repairperson in the East:

	Sherry Krauter (pr. Kroy-ter)
	Golden Touch Camera Repair
	RR 2, Box 803
	Purgatory Road
	Campbell Hall, NY 10916
	(914) 496-8834

Sherry is tough-talking, occasionally profane, and if Leitz made
it she can fix it.  She does the Leica repair work for Ken Hansen
Photographics in New York, possibly the best professional camera
shop in the city.  She overhauled my IIIC, including new shutter
curtains (hard to find) for $179.00.  She basically rebuilt my M3
last year, including a new rangefinder, for $424.00, about 20%
less than Leitz would have charged for the same work.  She does
other cameras, but Leica is her bread and butter.

Ken Wolman   AT&T Bell Laboratories   (201)564-2866   ktw@hlwpk.att.com
	"Stare.  It is the way to educate your eye, and more.
	Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop.  Die knowing something.
	You are not here long." -- Walker Evans