To: leica-users
Subject: Leicaflex SL and lens information sought
From: liang@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Chuck Liang)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 92 00:38:37 EDT
Posted-Date: Sat, 11 Jul 92 00:38:37 EDT

  I'm thinking of buying an Leicaflex SL, primarily because it allows
me to use the inexpensive 2-cam lenses.  It's my understanding that
these lenses are optically comparable to the 3-cam lenses - the only
difference being mechanical.  Thus I thought this would be the cheapest
way to get to use leitz lenses.

  I'm looking for technical information on the Leicaflex SL.  What is its
meter system?  I read somewhere that it has an "8 degree" selective or
sport meter.  Is this 8 degree constant no matter which lens is used?
Is there average metering as well?  How reliable is this camera mechanically?
Is there aperture-preview and mirror lock?

  Also, what is the difference between 1-cam and 2-cam lenses?  Which ones
can the SL use and in what way?  Can 1 or 2-cam lenses be used on
the R-series cameras?

  Please send replys to liang@saul.cis.upenn.edu.
  Thank you very much.