To: meastman@adobe.com (Mark Eastman)
Subject: Re: Need feeedback on M 90mm lenses
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 92 08:50:56 PDT
Cc: leica-users

I used both the 90mm 2.8 Tele-Elmarit and the 90mm 2.0 Summicron on a
borrowed M5 a few years ago.

The 90mm 2.8 Tele-Elmarit is probably my favorite lens of any camera
lens I have ever used. I do almost all of my photography with a 90mm, and
this is a jewel of a 90. It is knife-sharp, small, and light. It
balances better on an M5 body than the larger Summicron does. The
Summicron gives you one extra f-stop, but it has all kinds of stuff
that I don't need (removable barrel for accessories, etc).

>From time to time I have considered selling all of my screw-mount
equipment and buying an M4 and one lens, namely the 90/2.8.