To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Jeffrey Frey <jeff@Glue.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 19:47:00 -0400

I've found a place in Tokyo--of all places, the home of the $4K M6--that has
gray-market M and R bodies and lenses at prices a little better than U.S.
gray market prices (e.g., Don Chatterton) and about the same as what a good
haggle might get you in Hong Kong.  They also have Rollei large-format (OK,
medium-format) SLR and TLRs, Minox, Contax, and Hasselblad at about half the
regular Japanese prices.

The interesting thing, however, is that the shop also has its own make of a
few Leica accessories.  In particular there are screw to bayonet adapters for
around $50, a leather lower-half case with grip for M and R for around $95,
their own lens (front and back) and body caps that look like the Real Thing
for somewhat less than what one has to pay for the USED Real Thing at camera
fairs, and several soft cases for storing or even using Ms or Rs.  If anyone
is intersted I'll be happy to send information.

Jeff

jeff@eng.umd.edu

Replies: Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: your mail)