To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: questions
From: gang@mtdcr.att.com
Date: 12 Aug 94 17:03:00 GMT
Cc: suzuki@blatz.cs.uwm.edu

>(1) "RF" lenses and M3
>Does "RF" of "Summilux 35/1.4 RF" stand for ``goggles'' for use
>with the M3?

Yes, it does.

>Does an "RF" lens focus properly when used with a camera body
>other than the M3? Are the goggles removable?

The RF lenses will work properly on M2, M4 and M6 bodies. I don't
know about M5 and CL bodies. The goggles are removable but you would
have to manually engage the 35mm frame lines on other M bodies.

>Are the RF lenses optically just as good as the non-RF lenses?

The RF lenses are optically identical to the non-RFs made during the
same period. Since the 35mm lenses have gone through several re-designs
after they stopped making RF lenses, I would expect the current
Summicron/Summilux lenses to be better than older RFs.

g.huang
gang@mtdcr.att.com