To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 50mm Summicron
From: martin@atri.curtin.edu.au (Martin Manuel Hill)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 95 15:13:09 WST

Hi,
I have a M3 and I am thinking of getting a 50mm lens for it (currently I
have a 1980 vintage Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8). I am considering buying a
50mm f/2 Summicron, as I want a sharp lens and I don't need anything faster
than f/2.

I would appreciate:

	 any opinions on the 50mm f/2 Summicron,

	 does Leica makes sharper 50mm lenses then the Summicron,

	 any particular versions or batches of the 50mm f/2 Summicron to avoid,

	 also how does the sharpness of the 50mm Summicron compare to the
	 Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8.

Thanks.